Tips for Working from Home
How to work from home:
With the coronavirus pandemic continuing to grow, a lot of companies have encouraged their employees to work from home. As being the owner of small digital based business, I wanted to share my tips for working from home.
I work from home most of the time. It is easy to want to stay in bed, turn on the tv, or be distracted by chores.
Here is my advice:
- Stay Away from the TV.
- If your bed triggers nap mode, work in the living room. If this is not possible for you, fill your room with natural or artificial light (such as a desk lamp)
- Keep your phone on another desk and put it on silent for the hours you plan to work set and stick to work hours. You can split hours morning/night with afternoon “off” or timeshift, but still have set hours or you’ll constantly get derailed.
- It’s easy to get distracted by flexibility to take a social call, duck out for an errand, or procrastinate with chores. Pick a healthy reset & refocus task to get back on track. It can be a stretch break, walking around the block, sweeping the floors, having a mini dance party, showering, whatever as long as it’s short & defined. Otherwise you’ll idle by snacking & browsing social media.
- Track your productivity. I am currently working on a FREE download for tracking your tasks throughout the day. Stay tuned for that post.
If you have roommates:
- If you live with a roommate, wear headphones and listen to music to block out external noise. Click here to check out my personal work/study playlist.
- If music isn’t your thing, try earplugs. They are extremely effective.
- Schedule work time. Set up times with your roommate for using the living rooms for work.
I hope this helps! if you have any tips of your own, please reach out to me on social media and share your tips. You might just see them here!